TOWN OF FRANKLIN, Wis. (WKBT) - Vernon County officers are looking for a man involved in a Friday assault in the town of Franklin.
According to a statement, deputies received reports about a man repeatedly hitting another man in the head with a hammer. Witnesses named Joseph Bingenheimer, 31, as the assailant. Thomas Helgerson, 34, was transported to Vernon Memorial Healthcare for head injuries. The statement said Helgerson will likely be released today.
Bingenheimer was last seen running from the scene wearing a brown Corona t-shirt and blue jeans. He is described as about 5'8", weighing 190 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. The Vernon County Sheriff has issued a warrant for his arrest.
Vernon County's K-9 units and tactical team were sent out but Bingenheimer has not yet been found. The statement says anyone who sees Bingenheimer should not approach him but instead immediately call 911.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners