VERNON CO., Wis. (WKBT) - People claiming to be with the Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA are making their way through flood ravaged Vernon County.
According to a statement from the Vernon County Emergency Management office, there are not any FEMA agents in the area at this time.
Officials say they will notify residents if and when actual FEMA agents arrive in the county.
In the statement, officials say if anyone presents themselves as being from FEMA, ask to see their badge. If they don't have one, do not let them into your home and contact the nearest police department.
Also, if you can safely see the person's license plate, officials ask you to write it down and report it as well.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure