LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Vandalism at pay stations in some of the downtown La Crosse parking ramps is causing problems for the city.
The parking utility board is refunding those who have had trouble parking in the ramps because of broken entry gates at the pay stations. Along with the refund, city officials are also looking at doing maintenance repair in the Market Square Ramp because of safety concerns over its structure.
The city accepted a $20,000 bid from the I&S Group out of La Crosse to look at what needs to be done to fix it.
"They are people that have been working in the business long enough that we are very pleased that it was a very competitive bid on their part. We can't afford to take a risk on it," said Audrey Kader, Chair of the city's Parking Utility Board.
The city hopes to complete the first phase of the project by the beginning of the year.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser