LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Vandalism at pay stations in some of the downtown La Crosse parking ramps is causing problems for the city.
The parking utility board is refunding those who have had trouble parking in the ramps because of broken entry gates at the pay stations. Along with the refund, city officials are also looking at doing maintenance repair in the Market Square Ramp because of safety concerns over its structure.
The city accepted a $20,000 bid from the I&S Group out of La Crosse to look at what needs to be done to fix it.
"They are people that have been working in the business long enough that we are very pleased that it was a very competitive bid on their part. We can't afford to take a risk on it," said Audrey Kader, Chair of the city's Parking Utility Board.
The city hopes to complete the first phase of the project by the beginning of the year.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls