LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A loving surprise is showing up at people's door steps for Valentine's Day.
La Crosse Floral was booked solid for the day by the time it opened. Roses, tulips, and bouquets of all kinds are all making their way to loved ones.
"Flowers just really make you happy and improve your spirits and I can say there's studies, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know they make you happy," said Linda Zoerb, president of La Crosse Floral.
The delivery driver we went out with today is actually working with his wife. He's retired from working the law enforcement and loves working a part time job where everyone's happy to see him at their door.
"Everybody is glad to get flowers, it's fun to see the reactions and talk to the people and it's a lot better than serving papers," said delivery driver Larry Clark.
About half of the people giving a gift for Valentine's Day are actually giving something sweet.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests