MADISON, WI (AP) - Interim University of Wisconsin System President Richard Telfer has appointed search committee to help find the next UW-Stout chancellor.
System officials say Telfer has appointed 21 people, including 11 UW-Stout faculty and two students, to the committee. The panel will conduct a national search and will recommend five finalists to the system president and Board of Regents selection committee. That committee will forward one name to the full Board of Regents for a hiring decision.
The university is looking for someone to replace Chancellor Charles W. Sorenson, who announced last month he plans to retire in August.
The regents last week appointed UW-Extension and UW Colleges Chancellor Ray Cross as the new system president. Telfer is serving as president until Cross takes over in mid-February.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked