MADISON, WI (AP) - Interim University of Wisconsin System President Richard Telfer has appointed search committee to help find the next UW-Stout chancellor.
System officials say Telfer has appointed 21 people, including 11 UW-Stout faculty and two students, to the committee. The panel will conduct a national search and will recommend five finalists to the system president and Board of Regents selection committee. That committee will forward one name to the full Board of Regents for a hiring decision.
The university is looking for someone to replace Chancellor Charles W. Sorenson, who announced last month he plans to retire in August.
The regents last week appointed UW-Extension and UW Colleges Chancellor Ray Cross as the new system president. Telfer is serving as president until Cross takes over in mid-February.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse