STEVENS POINT, Wis. (AP) - The top chef at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point will be competing in a culinary challenge to find the best college-campus chef in the country.
A Stevens Point Journal Media report says Angel Alcantar is confident about his chances.
Alcantar is the in the National Association of College & University Food Services' competition. It'll be held March 2 at Michigan State University.
Alcantar has been UWSP's executive chef for five years. He oversees most of the dining operations on campus, with a staff made up almost entirely of UWSP students. He says the quality of the school's food speaks for itself.
If he's named top college chef in the Midwest next month he'll win a spot in the national competition in Baltimore in July.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers