STEVENS POINT, Wis. (AP) - The top chef at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point will be competing in a culinary challenge to find the best college-campus chef in the country.
A Stevens Point Journal Media report says Angel Alcantar is confident about his chances.
Alcantar is the in the National Association of College & University Food Services' competition. It'll be held March 2 at Michigan State University.
Alcantar has been UWSP's executive chef for five years. He oversees most of the dining operations on campus, with a staff made up almost entirely of UWSP students. He says the quality of the school's food speaks for itself.
If he's named top college chef in the Midwest next month he'll win a spot in the national competition in Baltimore in July.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016