LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Students at UW-La Crosse can look forward to a new union on campus.
The Board of Regents approved the design Friday for the new 55 million dollar building. It will replace the Cartwright Center which was built in 1958.
Students approved the money for it with an online referendum back in April.
The plan is to build the student center on a parking lot on the north side of campus next to Wimberley Hall. "That's important to have a building that's modern and something people will say, 'wow, that's really well done,' because it will be there for a really long time," said UW-L Chancellor Joe Gow.
Construction is likely to begin sometime next year and could be finished in 2016.23364674
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks