LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Students at UW-La Crosse can look forward to a new union on campus.
The Board of Regents approved the design Friday for the new 55 million dollar building. It will replace the Cartwright Center which was built in 1958.
Students approved the money for it with an online referendum back in April.
The plan is to build the student center on a parking lot on the north side of campus next to Wimberley Hall. "That's important to have a building that's modern and something people will say, 'wow, that's really well done,' because it will be there for a really long time," said UW-L Chancellor Joe Gow.
Construction is likely to begin sometime next year and could be finished in 2016.23364674
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death