MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A new report shows the University of Wisconsin System lost 1,182 faculty members during the 2011-13 biennium.
The report complied for the Board of Regents' business committee says 657 faculty members retired during that span. All of them were tenured faculty. Nearly 500 faculty members resigned. Of them 185 were tenured and 306 were on a tenure track.
The report showed the number of faculty members who left fluctuated over the biennium, with 463 leaving in 2011, 344 leaving in 2012 and 375 leaving in 2013.
The report did not offer any data on faculty turnover from previous bienniums. UW System spokesman David Giroux said he didn't have any figures from years past.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners
- Representative Kind outlines goals for congressional session
- Debate over medical marijuana continues in Wisconsin
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers