MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A new report shows the University of Wisconsin System lost 1,182 faculty members during the 2011-13 biennium.
The report complied for the Board of Regents' business committee says 657 faculty members retired during that span. All of them were tenured faculty. Nearly 500 faculty members resigned. Of them 185 were tenured and 306 were on a tenure track.
The report showed the number of faculty members who left fluctuated over the biennium, with 463 leaving in 2011, 344 leaving in 2012 and 375 leaving in 2013.
The report did not offer any data on faculty turnover from previous bienniums. UW System spokesman David Giroux said he didn't have any figures from years past.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather