LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UW-La Crosse students are presenting the police department with $4,000 this week in the memory of one of their own.
The university's Chi Phi Fraternity raised the money a couple of weekends ago during the Sara Softball tournament, held for Sara Hougom, who lost her life in 2012. Students awarded the police department with the check this week.
Officers say the money will be used for the Community Policing Program and the Neighborhood Officer team.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse