LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UW-La Crosse students are presenting the police department with $4,000 this week in the memory of one of their own.
The university's Chi Phi Fraternity raised the money a couple of weekends ago during the Sara Softball tournament, held for Sara Hougom, who lost her life in 2012. Students awarded the police department with the check this week.
Officers say the money will be used for the Community Policing Program and the Neighborhood Officer team.
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Donor recipients, family meet for first time in Onalaska
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Area organization helping so all girls can go to prom
- Taste of Trempealeau event raises money for public library
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments