LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UW-La Crosse students are presenting the police department with $4,000 this week in the memory of one of their own.
The university's Chi Phi Fraternity raised the money a couple of weekends ago during the Sara Softball tournament, held for Sara Hougom, who lost her life in 2012. Students awarded the police department with the check this week.
Officers say the money will be used for the Community Policing Program and the Neighborhood Officer team.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans