LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UW La Crosse athletes aren't just some of the most athletic competitors in their conference, they're also the smartest.
The Eagles earned the highest GPA among all WIAC schools. It's the 15th consecutive year earning this honor. They averaged a 3.24 on the four point scale.
The interim director of athletics at UW-La Crosse Kim Blum said it proves they're a committed group of student athletes.
"They are very well rounded, they're not here just to participate in sport, but they're very concerned about their future career and are very committed to that," said Blum.
The cumulative GPA for student athletes was also higher than the overall student body at UW-La Crosse.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building