LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UW La Crosse athletes aren't just some of the most athletic competitors in their conference, they're also the smartest.
The Eagles earned the highest GPA among all WIAC schools. It's the 15th consecutive year earning this honor. They averaged a 3.24 on the four point scale.
The interim director of athletics at UW-La Crosse Kim Blum said it proves they're a committed group of student athletes.
"They are very well rounded, they're not here just to participate in sport, but they're very concerned about their future career and are very committed to that," said Blum.
The cumulative GPA for student athletes was also higher than the overall student body at UW-La Crosse.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.