LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Kids got to experience a little Halloween Science Sunday at UW-La Crosse.
UW-L Chemistry and Biochemistry students hosted Tricks or Science Sunday afternoon.
Dressed up in Halloween costumes, kids learned about different aspects of chemistry.
Different stations were set up for kids to participate in hands on experiments.
UW-L students showcased larger experiments with dry ice and liquid nitrogen.
Organizers say this is a great opportunity for kids to discover the joys of science.
"For kids to get an idea that science can be fun. Science isn't scary, science doesn't have to be something that they think is hard. Just to really engage them in a enthusiastic manner at an early age is one of the best things that we can do as educators," said Assistant Professor Nadia Carmosini said.
This was the first year of the event.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently