LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse students and others shaved their heads in support of children's cancer research Saturday.
UW-La Crosse hosted its annual Saint Baldrick's event this afternoon, cutting and shaving people's hair to raise money for children's cancer research.
The group had a great turnout and raised more than their goal of $25,000. More than a hundred people donated their time - and hair - to the event, including one girl, Heather Sticka, who was back for her second time this year.
"I'm really blessed that i don't have any kids in my life that haven't been affected by cancer, and I just want to share my blessings that I have," Sticka said.
This is UW-L's 7th year hosting the event.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting