LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UW-La Crosse hosted the Badger State Games on its campus Saturday at Veteran's Memorial Stadium.
More than 250 of some of Wisconsin's best athletes took part in the annual track and field meet. It wasn't just high school ages competing, there was competitors from every age group all the way up to seniors.
After 30 years the Executive Director of the track and field meet hopes moving the event to La Crosse will help the meet increase its attendance.
"We're very excited to have moved the track and field event for the badger state games to La Crosse. La Crosse is known as a nice track community and we've already proven that it's a winner already so now we can grow it from here and hopefully we can bring a couple hundred thousand maybe people here," said Richard Barrett.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?