LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UW-La Crosse hosted the Badger State Games on its campus Saturday at Veteran's Memorial Stadium.
More than 250 of some of Wisconsin's best athletes took part in the annual track and field meet. It wasn't just high school ages competing, there was competitors from every age group all the way up to seniors.
After 30 years the Executive Director of the track and field meet hopes moving the event to La Crosse will help the meet increase its attendance.
"We're very excited to have moved the track and field event for the badger state games to La Crosse. La Crosse is known as a nice track community and we've already proven that it's a winner already so now we can grow it from here and hopefully we can bring a couple hundred thousand maybe people here," said Richard Barrett.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls