LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Over 1,000 runners ran through the cold winds Saturday morning at UW-La Crosse.
UW-L held its 22 annual Turkey Trot to raise money for WisCorps and student scholarships.
Participants headed down Badger street toward Lang drive before taking the marsh trail and finishing at the the Roger Harring Stadium.
Sport, Club and Events Coordinator Austin Sanderson said it's a great way to show off the campus, as well as the community.
"Family members from Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois come up to this event every year and it's an opportunity for them to actually talk good about our community and our university and help recruit future students who have participated in this event as kids, " Sanderson said.
Sanderson said the event is popular because it is one of the original Turkey Trots in the area.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers