LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - A UW- La Crosse art professor is sharing her experience with nature through her art.
Painting Professor Jennifer Terpstra lead a group of about 20 people on Gallery Walk and Talk on Saturday at the Minnesota Marine Art Museum.
The tour includes a look at her exhibit in the Museum's Tri-State Invitational, "3 Women from 3 States."
Terpstra's wax-based painting technique offers a unique look into what influences her work.
"I like to kayak and canoe the river. I love living near it even though I live in the city. But in addition to the Mississippi River, I'm inspired by the waters of Lake Superior, so some of the imagery comes from that too," said Terpstra.
Terpstra's exhibit will run through Jan. 12th.22898422
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016