LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - A UW- La Crosse art professor is sharing her experience with nature through her art.
Painting Professor Jennifer Terpstra lead a group of about 20 people on Gallery Walk and Talk on Saturday at the Minnesota Marine Art Museum.
The tour includes a look at her exhibit in the Museum's Tri-State Invitational, "3 Women from 3 States."
Terpstra's wax-based painting technique offers a unique look into what influences her work.
"I like to kayak and canoe the river. I love living near it even though I live in the city. But in addition to the Mississippi River, I'm inspired by the waters of Lake Superior, so some of the imagery comes from that too," said Terpstra.
Terpstra's exhibit will run through Jan. 12th.22898422
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game