LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Chancellor Joe Gow took a "selfie" at commencement on Sunday.
Gow pointed out that some universities across the U.S. are asking their students to refrain from taking self-portraits with their cell phones as they collect their diplomas.
"I don't have any issues with students having fun at commencement time, and thought I'd enjoy having a photo of my own," Chancellor Gow said.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration