WINONA, Wis. (WKBT) - The use of fireworks is prohibited on the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge
The Upper Miss Refuge is concerned about the disturbance to wildlife as well as the litter that fireworks leave behind.
Federal Law Enforcement officers will be patrolling the refuge to make sure that there is no use of fireworks or glass bottles. Fines for possession and use of fireworks: $225; fines for glass bottles: $175.
The Refuge includes most islands and beaches on the Mississippi River from Wabasha, Minnesota to Rock Island, Illinois.
For more information, contact the Refuge office at (507) 454-7351.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration