WINONA, Wis. (WKBT) - The use of fireworks is prohibited on the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge
The Upper Miss Refuge is concerned about the disturbance to wildlife as well as the litter that fireworks leave behind.
Federal Law Enforcement officers will be patrolling the refuge to make sure that there is no use of fireworks or glass bottles. Fines for possession and use of fireworks: $225; fines for glass bottles: $175.
The Refuge includes most islands and beaches on the Mississippi River from Wabasha, Minnesota to Rock Island, Illinois.
For more information, contact the Refuge office at (507) 454-7351.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies