LA CROSSE, Wis. - The woman hit by a car early this week in La Crosse has passed away.
Police say 51 year old Yvonne Boehme was crossing West Avenue near State Street outside of the crosswalk early Monday morning when a car hit her.
She was taken to Gundersen Lutheran. Officials there told News 8 early Friday morning that Boehme had passed away.
La Crosse police have released more details on Monday morning's crash that sent a pedestrian to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police say a 51-year-old woman was struck by a car around 7 a.m. at the intersection of West Avenue and State Street.
The woman sustained "very serious injuries and is being treated at a local hospital," said La Crosse Police Sergeant Randy Rank.
Sgt. Rank says the driver, a 39-year-old man from La Crosse, was going south bound on West Avenue while the pedestrian was going west bound, trying to cross West Avenue. Right now, police are trying to figure out if the pedestrian was in or near the crosswalk at the time of the crash.17725904
A car vs. pedestrian crash in La Crosse sent one person to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
It happened at around 7:00 a.m. Monday, at the intersection of West Avenue and State Street.
Tri-State Ambulance tells News 8 one person was taken to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries. Their identity isn't being released at this time.
Stay with News8000.com for updates on this story.
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area billion dollar company plans for joint venture