ARCADIA, Wis. -- Two young people are recovering at a La Crosse hospital after being thrown from a vehicle in a crash in Trempealeau County.
Sheriff's officials say a minivan driven by 52-year-old Maria Salinas of Whitehall and an SUV driven by 26-year-old Arturo Ramos-Roque of Independence collided on a snow covered and slippery section of Highway 93 north of Arcadia.
Two children were thrown from Salinas' van in the crash. One of them, a 13-year-old boy from Whitehall, is in critical condition at Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse, and another, a three-year-old, is in good condition at Gundersen Lutheran.
Investigators say the teen was not wearing a seatbelt, and the three-year-old was not in a car seat.
Salinas, two others in her van and Ramos-Roque were taken to Tri-County Memorial Hospital in Whitehall for treatment of their injuries.
Sheriff Richard Anderson tells News 8 Ramos-Roque was cited for not having a driver's license. Anderson says other citations and charges may come later as the investigation continues.
PREVIOUS STORY - December 44875008
ARCADIA, Wis. -- Six people are injured after a crash in Trempealeau County.
Police say a minivan and a truck collided around 6 p.m. on State Road 93 near Arcadia. The road conditions were reportedly snow covered and slippery.
13-year-old Alberto Salinas-Lopez and 3-year-old Paola Galindo-Ramos were ejected from the minivan. Their injuries are serious.
Three adults in the minivan were also injured. The Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department did not release any information about their conditions.
The driver of the truck, 26-year-old Arturo Ramos Roque, was also injured. His condition is also unknown.
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature