MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Petitions have been filed to recall four Republican Wisconsin state senators from office.
Three petitions were filed electronically shortly after midnight Tuesday, the same time as paperwork was submitted to recall Republican Gov. Scott Walker.
The recalls against Walker, Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch and three Republican senators are backed by the state Democratic Party. Another recall was launched against Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald by a Fort Atkinson woman.
The other three senators are Pam Galloway of Wausau, Terry Moulton of Chippewa Falls and Van Wanggaard of Racine.
About 15,000 to 17,000 signatures are needed to recall each of the senators. It takes more than 540,000 signatures to force a recall election for Walker and Kleefisch.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.