MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Petitions have been filed to recall four Republican Wisconsin state senators from office.
Three petitions were filed electronically shortly after midnight Tuesday, the same time as paperwork was submitted to recall Republican Gov. Scott Walker.
The recalls against Walker, Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch and three Republican senators are backed by the state Democratic Party. Another recall was launched against Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald by a Fort Atkinson woman.
The other three senators are Pam Galloway of Wausau, Terry Moulton of Chippewa Falls and Van Wanggaard of Racine.
About 15,000 to 17,000 signatures are needed to recall each of the senators. It takes more than 540,000 signatures to force a recall election for Walker and Kleefisch.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks