LA CROSSE, Wis. - Snowmobile trails in La Crosse County remain closed, but Eau Claire County trails will open on Saturday.
The La Crosse County Snowmobile Alliance says while some areas got a lot of snow from the recent storm, the high winds have stripped whole fields of the snow cover needed. The organization says they're hoping for a Christmas snow and for cold weather to freeze the ground to protect it before opening the trails. Click here to check the status of the La Crosse County trails.
The Eau Claire Countywide Snowmobile Trails will open Saturday, December 22 at 8 a.m. except for the DNR Chippewa River Trail. That Eau Claire County Parks and Forest Department says that trail is closed due to insufficient snow cover.
If you have any questions on the Eau Claire County trails , you're encouraged to call the county parks and forest department at (715) 839-4783.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.