LA CROSSE, Wis. - Snowmobile trails in La Crosse County remain closed, but Eau Claire County trails will open on Saturday.
The La Crosse County Snowmobile Alliance says while some areas got a lot of snow from the recent storm, the high winds have stripped whole fields of the snow cover needed. The organization says they're hoping for a Christmas snow and for cold weather to freeze the ground to protect it before opening the trails. Click here to check the status of the La Crosse County trails.
The Eau Claire Countywide Snowmobile Trails will open Saturday, December 22 at 8 a.m. except for the DNR Chippewa River Trail. That Eau Claire County Parks and Forest Department says that trail is closed due to insufficient snow cover.
If you have any questions on the Eau Claire County trails , you're encouraged to call the county parks and forest department at (715) 839-4783.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists