WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - The Winona man who suffered a gunshot wound to the head last Friday has died.
According to Winona Police Department, 20-year-old Riley Holden Sass-Loken passed away early Monday evening in a La Crosse hospital.
Officials say the incident appears to be accidental and there was no fighting before the shot was fired. Alcohol appears to have been involved.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore