WABASHA COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - Update (12:00 P.M.): According to the Minnesota State Patrol, a Chrysler van was Northbound in the Southbound lane.
The car collided with the school bus head-on resulting in the bus starting on fire.
No students were on the bus.
Police have not released information about the deceased.
Highway 61 was closed for approximately four hours for clean up.
Highway 61 closed down for a short period after a fatal head-on crash involving a bus and car occurred north of Minneiska early Friday morning.
Preliminary details from the Minnesota State Patrol state only the driver of the school bus was on board.
This page will be updated as more information is released.
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary
- Radtke, Schaumberg advance in Trempealeau Co. judge primary
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 21, 2017
- Adaptive Sports League wraps up winter season with floor hockey tourney
- February Primaries bring voters out in La Crosse