WABASHA COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - Update (12:00 P.M.): According to the Minnesota State Patrol, a Chrysler van was Northbound in the Southbound lane.
The car collided with the school bus head-on resulting in the bus starting on fire.
No students were on the bus.
Police have not released information about the deceased.
Highway 61 was closed for approximately four hours for clean up.
Highway 61 closed down for a short period after a fatal head-on crash involving a bus and car occurred north of Minneiska early Friday morning.
Preliminary details from the Minnesota State Patrol state only the driver of the school bus was on board.
This page will be updated as more information is released.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 25, 2017
- Program gives books to La Crosse students for summer reading
- Tomah VA, Fort McCoy team up for Memorial Day 5K
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation