WABASHA COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - Update (12:00 P.M.): According to the Minnesota State Patrol, a Chrysler van was Northbound in the Southbound lane.
The car collided with the school bus head-on resulting in the bus starting on fire.
No students were on the bus.
Police have not released information about the deceased.
Highway 61 was closed for approximately four hours for clean up.
Highway 61 closed down for a short period after a fatal head-on crash involving a bus and car occurred north of Minneiska early Friday morning.
Preliminary details from the Minnesota State Patrol state only the driver of the school bus was on board.
This page will be updated as more information is released.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death