LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A free informational presentation on what parents need to know about teenage marijuana use will be held on Wednesday, September 24 at 6 p.m.
Behavioral Health experts Barry Irons, M.D., child and adolescent psychiatrist, and clinical therapist Mandy Hess will provide information and tools parents may need to talk with their children about marijuana substance use.
The presentations will address use patterns in adolescents, risk factors for dependence upon substances, family interventions on problematic substance use by teenagers, and the impact it has on young people.
The presentation will be held in the Marycrest Auditiorium on the second floor of the Mayo Clinic Franciscan Healthcare Hospital building, 700 West Avenue South, La Crosse. To register for the free presentation, call (608) 392- 9717.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota
- La Crescent High School students recognized for effort to make roads safer