LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A free informational presentation on what parents need to know about teenage marijuana use will be held on Wednesday, September 24 at 6 p.m.
Behavioral Health experts Barry Irons, M.D., child and adolescent psychiatrist, and clinical therapist Mandy Hess will provide information and tools parents may need to talk with their children about marijuana substance use.
The presentations will address use patterns in adolescents, risk factors for dependence upon substances, family interventions on problematic substance use by teenagers, and the impact it has on young people.
The presentation will be held in the Marycrest Auditiorium on the second floor of the Mayo Clinic Franciscan Healthcare Hospital building, 700 West Avenue South, La Crosse. To register for the free presentation, call (608) 392- 9717.
- Wisconsin Democrats hoping to make points with Trump guests
- Accused driver talks about crash that killed couple
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Fatal shooting by deputy in Lincoln County investigated
- Trial set for Iowa mother whose baby died on changing table
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 27, 2017
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination