LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A free informational presentation on what parents need to know about teenage marijuana use will be held on Wednesday, September 24 at 6 p.m.
Behavioral Health experts Barry Irons, M.D., child and adolescent psychiatrist, and clinical therapist Mandy Hess will provide information and tools parents may need to talk with their children about marijuana substance use.
The presentations will address use patterns in adolescents, risk factors for dependence upon substances, family interventions on problematic substance use by teenagers, and the impact it has on young people.
The presentation will be held in the Marycrest Auditiorium on the second floor of the Mayo Clinic Franciscan Healthcare Hospital building, 700 West Avenue South, La Crosse. To register for the free presentation, call (608) 392- 9717.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore