LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - October is Bullying Prevention Awareness Month, and our community is celebrating by wearing orange for Unity Day Wednesday.
Unity Day is a chance for everyone to come together for a common cause. By wearing orange you are saying you stand with others striving for kindness, inclusion, and acceptance.
Officials say standing together against bullying also sends a message to our children.
"We don't have to tolerate it, and when everybody stands together and says there's a better way for us to teach our children, there's a better way to guide children in learning how to get along, we can make it a smaller problem," said Gundersen Health System Child & Family Therapist Jeff Reiland.
If you do wear orange we would love to see your photos. You can post them on our WKBT News8000 Facebook page.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser