BELOIT, Wis. - Two people are dead, and one person is critically injured following a fire early Wednesday morning on the west side of Beloit.
Firefighters were sent to a home in the 1900 block of Fairview Drive just before 4 a.m. Wednesday.
According to the Beloit police, officers assisted one victim out of the home, while firefighters battled heavy fire and smoke at the site.
Three other victims from the fire were located at the scene. Police said they were all family members. Two were pronounced dead at the home, while a third victim was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation. Beloit police are assisting with the investigation and will conduct the death investigation related to the incident.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls