BELOIT, Wis. - Two people are dead, and one person is critically injured following a fire early Wednesday morning on the west side of Beloit.
Firefighters were sent to a home in the 1900 block of Fairview Drive just before 4 a.m. Wednesday.
According to the Beloit police, officers assisted one victim out of the home, while firefighters battled heavy fire and smoke at the site.
Three other victims from the fire were located at the scene. Police said they were all family members. Two were pronounced dead at the home, while a third victim was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation. Beloit police are assisting with the investigation and will conduct the death investigation related to the incident.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.