EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (AP) - The driver of a semi has been arrested in a crash that killed a passenger in Eau Claire County.
Forty-year-old Nicholas Neuenfeldt, of Boyd, died last Friday when the truck hit a power pole near Augusta. The driver was injured in the crash that temporarily knocked out power in the area.
Sheriff's officials are recommending charges of homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle and homicide by negligent use of a vehicle, according to WEAU-TV.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death