LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The trial date has been set for the man charged with beating someone nearly to death in La Crosse.
Police say 32-year-old Thomas Beitlich, of Madison, broke into his ex-girlfriend's house in October 2013 in La Crosse and brutally beat his ex-girlfriend's boyfriend, 33-year-old Terrance Callahan.
Callahan was taken to the hospital in critical condition with more than 15 cuts to his head and a fractured skull. Beitlich was charged with attempted first degree homicide and armed burglary.
The defense and prosecution have not been able to reach a plea deal so on Thursday a La Crosse County judge set a five day trial in November for Beitlich.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says