LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The trial date has been set for the man charged with beating someone nearly to death in La Crosse.
Police say 32-year-old Thomas Beitlich, of Madison, broke into his ex-girlfriend's house in October 2013 in La Crosse and brutally beat his ex-girlfriend's boyfriend, 33-year-old Terrance Callahan.
Callahan was taken to the hospital in critical condition with more than 15 cuts to his head and a fractured skull. Beitlich was charged with attempted first degree homicide and armed burglary.
The defense and prosecution have not been able to reach a plea deal so on Thursday a La Crosse County judge set a five day trial in November for Beitlich.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash