LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The trial date has been set for the man charged with beating someone nearly to death in La Crosse.
Police say 32-year-old Thomas Beitlich, of Madison, broke into his ex-girlfriend's house in October 2013 in La Crosse and brutally beat his ex-girlfriend's boyfriend, 33-year-old Terrance Callahan.
Callahan was taken to the hospital in critical condition with more than 15 cuts to his head and a fractured skull. Beitlich was charged with attempted first degree homicide and armed burglary.
The defense and prosecution have not been able to reach a plea deal so on Thursday a La Crosse County judge set a five day trial in November for Beitlich.
- Attorney general announces deal on drug overdose treatment
- Viterbo students spend one night homeless
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Organic conference returns to La Crosse
- Downtown Minneapolis hospital announces layoffs
- WSU Baseball drafts 14-year-old for team
- City of La Crosse looks to crowdsource Buzz's Bikes fix
- Police: Twin Cities lawyer fatally struck runner in St. Paul
- Protesters cleared from Dakota Access oil pipeline camp
- Iowa man sentenced for lying to cold case investigators