MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - The trial has begun for a Mason City man charged in the 2012 death of his 19-month-old son.
The Globe Gazette reports a jury was selected Wednesday and opening statements are planned Thursday in the trial of 30-year-old Kenneth Leroy Adams. He's charged with child endangerment resulting in the death of his son, Owen.
Adams called 911 on Oct. 27 when he found his son wasn't breathing after he'd put him down for a nap.
Before the nap, Adams told police the boy was having a temper tantrum and head-butted his father.
Owen was taken to a Mason City hospital, where he was pronounced death.
Adams was charged in December. He's being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail under a $50,000 bond.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.