MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - The trial has begun for a Mason City man charged in the 2012 death of his 19-month-old son.
The Globe Gazette reports a jury was selected Wednesday and opening statements are planned Thursday in the trial of 30-year-old Kenneth Leroy Adams. He's charged with child endangerment resulting in the death of his son, Owen.
Adams called 911 on Oct. 27 when he found his son wasn't breathing after he'd put him down for a nap.
Before the nap, Adams told police the boy was having a temper tantrum and head-butted his father.
Owen was taken to a Mason City hospital, where he was pronounced death.
Adams was charged in December. He's being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail under a $50,000 bond.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers