WHITEHALL, Wis. - Tri-County Memorial Hospital is joining the Gundersen Lutheran Health System and will soon be known as Gundersen Tri-County Hospital and Clinics.
Gundersen Lutheran's clinics in Whitehall, Blair and Independence and Tri-County Memorial Hospital will be consolidated under the Gundersen Tri-County Hospital and clinics names.
The affiliation change will be official on January 1, 2013.
A spokesperson from the Gundersen Luthern Health System says during and after the transition, Tri-County will continue to accept the insurances they currently accept. After the transition, all patients' billing statements will come from Gundersen Tri-County Hospital and Clinics.
There are no plans to reduce overall employment as a result of the affiliation.
Tri-County is one of three regional hospitals affiliated with Gundersen Lutheran Health System. The others are St. Joesph's Health Services-Gundersen Lutheran in Hillsboro, Wisconsin, and Palmer Lutheran in West Union, Iowa.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks