OLIVIA, MN (AP) - Authorities are investigating the derailment of four cars on a Twin Cities and Western Railroad freight train in southwestern Minnesota.
Renville County Sheriff Scott Hable says his office received a call around 3:00 p.m. Friday that a train derailed a mile east of Olivia in Bird Island Township. KNSI Radio reports that deputies found three empty tanker cars and a fully-loaded coal car left the tracks, none of which tipped over.
The derailment blocked one intersection and a private driveway.
Twin Cities and Western Railroad personnel were called to the scene to clear the blockage and repair the tracks.
There were no reports of injuries.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US