OLIVIA, MN (AP) - Authorities are investigating the derailment of four cars on a Twin Cities and Western Railroad freight train in southwestern Minnesota.
Renville County Sheriff Scott Hable says his office received a call around 3:00 p.m. Friday that a train derailed a mile east of Olivia in Bird Island Township. KNSI Radio reports that deputies found three empty tanker cars and a fully-loaded coal car left the tracks, none of which tipped over.
The derailment blocked one intersection and a private driveway.
Twin Cities and Western Railroad personnel were called to the scene to clear the blockage and repair the tracks.
There were no reports of injuries.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest