LA CROSSE, Wis. - A train derailed in La Crosse Wednesday morning damaging a building at the City Brewery.
BNSF Railroad says no one was injured when an empty rail car jumped the track and hit a storage building at about 3:30 a.m.
The building sustained minor damage to a wall a structural engineer was on site and says the rest of the building is safe.
BNSF Railroad says they are still investigating how the derailment happened, but says early indications are a track switch wasn't lined up properly.18073306
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.