LA CROSSE, Wis. - A train derailed in La Crosse Wednesday morning damaging a building at the City Brewery.
BNSF Railroad says no one was injured when an empty rail car jumped the track and hit a storage building at about 3:30 a.m.
The building sustained minor damage to a wall a structural engineer was on site and says the rest of the building is safe.
BNSF Railroad says they are still investigating how the derailment happened, but says early indications are a track switch wasn't lined up properly.18073306
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Fatal shooting investigated in Bloomington