LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - With more UW-La Crosse students showing up Saturday some streets around campus will be busier than normal.
Traffic delays on La Crosse Street between Losey Bouelvard and West Avenue from nine in the morning until early afternoon are expected.
The University Police Chief guesses it'll take between 10 to 15 minutes to travel through there. He recommends avoiding the area if possible, but if you have to go through it be patient and drive safely.
"A lot of our folks moving in, this may be their first time. And at the last minute they may make a sudden turn, you don't expect it, you're too close, and you have a rear end collision," said UW-La Crosse Police Chief Scott Rohde.
Saturday is expected to be less busy than Friday was.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online