LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - With more UW-La Crosse students showing up Saturday some streets around campus will be busier than normal.
Traffic delays on La Crosse Street between Losey Bouelvard and West Avenue from nine in the morning until early afternoon are expected.
The University Police Chief guesses it'll take between 10 to 15 minutes to travel through there. He recommends avoiding the area if possible, but if you have to go through it be patient and drive safely.
"A lot of our folks moving in, this may be their first time. And at the last minute they may make a sudden turn, you don't expect it, you're too close, and you have a rear end collision," said UW-La Crosse Police Chief Scott Rohde.
Saturday is expected to be less busy than Friday was.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser