LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - With more UW-La Crosse students showing up Saturday some streets around campus will be busier than normal.
Traffic delays on La Crosse Street between Losey Bouelvard and West Avenue from nine in the morning until early afternoon are expected.
The University Police Chief guesses it'll take between 10 to 15 minutes to travel through there. He recommends avoiding the area if possible, but if you have to go through it be patient and drive safely.
"A lot of our folks moving in, this may be their first time. And at the last minute they may make a sudden turn, you don't expect it, you're too close, and you have a rear end collision," said UW-La Crosse Police Chief Scott Rohde.
Saturday is expected to be less busy than Friday was.
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary
- Radtke, Schaumberg advance in Trempealeau Co. judge primary
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 21, 2017
- Adaptive Sports League wraps up winter season with floor hockey tourney
- February Primaries bring voters out in La Crosse