RUTLAND, Iowa (AP) - The driver of a tractor has died after the vehicle was hit by a truck on a county road in northern Iowa.
The Iowa State Patrol says the crash happened Friday afternoon about a mile east of Rutland in Humboldt County.
A tractor driven by 81-year-old Harold Henry Hinners was eastbound on County Road C-29 when he began to make a left-hand turn onto another road. An eastbound tractor-trailer rig driven by 72-year-old Calvin Leroy Mogler, of Dayton, was trying to pass the tractor and hit the vehicle in the intersection.
Hinners, who lived about a half-mile from the crash site, died in the collision. Mogler wasn't injured.
The state patrol is investigating the crash.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing