RUTLAND, Iowa (AP) - The driver of a tractor has died after the vehicle was hit by a truck on a county road in northern Iowa.
The Iowa State Patrol says the crash happened Friday afternoon about a mile east of Rutland in Humboldt County.
A tractor driven by 81-year-old Harold Henry Hinners was eastbound on County Road C-29 when he began to make a left-hand turn onto another road. An eastbound tractor-trailer rig driven by 72-year-old Calvin Leroy Mogler, of Dayton, was trying to pass the tractor and hit the vehicle in the intersection.
Hinners, who lived about a half-mile from the crash site, died in the collision. Mogler wasn't injured.
The state patrol is investigating the crash.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers