MADISON, WI - Police arrested one woman and cited another after a large street fight involving more than a dozen people Saturday morning.
Madison police were called to the 1300 block of Theresa Terrace at 12:15 a.m. and found one of the main combatants wearing only pants. Police said she was still trying to fight, but was being held back by other women.
Police said that the woman, Latara T. Freeman, 39, of Madison, was earlier armed with a baseball bat and had hit a 33-year-old woman in the head with it.
Freeman was arrested on suspicion of second-degree reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.
Another woman was cited for disorderly conduct. Police said she had been throwing punches.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather