Here is the list of News8000's top 10 most clicked on stories of the year. These are the stories with the most views from Jan. 1 through Dec. 17.
1. Missing La Crosse woman found dead
Onalaska police found the body of 23-year-old Neala Frye in a ditch near the Black River spillway on February 17, 2013. The La Crosse County medical examiner ruled Frye's death accidental and said the cause of her death was hypothermia due to exposure to environmental cold.
2. Victim's family: Victim and accused killer were friends
Mitrel Anderson, 25, is accused of stabbing 24-year-old Demario Lee in the head during a fight inside the Kwik Trip convenience store on Cass Street on June 2.
3. Registered violent sex offender in custody
A 46-year-old registered sex offender from Prairie du Chien was on the loose on October 20. He was found a day later.
4. Students duct tape local school principal to wall
On March 21, Logan Middle School students duct taped their principal to the wall and threw cream pies at their teachers to raise money for a special community project that benefits veterans.
5. Authorities identify the man who died after tugboat goes over Dresbach Dam
Tyler Trussoni, 22, of Genoa, died after a tugboat he was on went over the Lock and Dam No. 7 near Dresbach, Minnesota, on July 3.
6. Houseboat goes over Dresbach Dam, 11 people on board
A houseboat went over one of the lock gates at Lock and Dam #7 in Dresbach on May 27, sending all 11 people on board into the water.
7. Holmen 6th grader wears Rodgers jersey for almost 3 years, shooting for 4
Holmen sixth-grader David Pehl is trying to set a record for the most consecutive days wearing an Aaron Rodgers jersey. The rest of his family are Minnesota Vikings fans.
8. Mystery ‘grandma drummer' identified
Onalaska resident Mary Hvizda likes to drop by the Coalition Drum Shop in downtown La Crosse and rock out on a set. She has played in several bands since she was 16.
9. Student with gun arrested on UW-L campus
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse police arrested a part-time student who brought a gun on campus on April 18.
10. Carmike Cinemas theater in La Crosse to close
Valley Square 6, Carmike Cinema's theater on Highway 16 in La Crosse closed on December 15. Representatives from Valley View Mall told News 8 it was unable to come to a long-term lease agreement with Carmike Cinemas.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death