LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Former Wisconsin governor Tommy Thompson is asking you to join in a bike-ride this month, that helps fight against a deadly disease.
Tommy Thompson's Purple Bike Ride has made its way to our area. It's an event that helps raise awareness and funds to battle pancreatic cancer. The ride is three weeks long and participants can join in at any location.
Thompson says there's no better place to start than La Crosse
"The fact is that there are so many hospitals, so many medical centers, so much research going on many types of diseases and afflictions that La Crosse couldn't be better," Thompson said. "I consider La Crosse sort of the epicenter for medical research and medical opportunities."
Thompson says he'll pledge $1,000 in the name of the rider with the most miles after the three-week-long event.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest