LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Former Wisconsin governor Tommy Thompson is asking you to join in a bike-ride this month, that helps fight against a deadly disease.
Tommy Thompson's Purple Bike Ride has made its way to our area. It's an event that helps raise awareness and funds to battle pancreatic cancer. The ride is three weeks long and participants can join in at any location.
Thompson says there's no better place to start than La Crosse
"The fact is that there are so many hospitals, so many medical centers, so much research going on many types of diseases and afflictions that La Crosse couldn't be better," Thompson said. "I consider La Crosse sort of the epicenter for medical research and medical opportunities."
Thompson says he'll pledge $1,000 in the name of the rider with the most miles after the three-week-long event.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- Walker signs bill allowing minors at music festivals
- Minnesota lawmaker aims to make it harder to avoid vaccines
- 2-year-old Milwaukee boy accidentally shoots self
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter