LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Former Wisconsin governor Tommy Thompson is asking you to join in a bike-ride this month, that helps fight against a deadly disease.
Tommy Thompson's Purple Bike Ride has made its way to our area. It's an event that helps raise awareness and funds to battle pancreatic cancer. The ride is three weeks long and participants can join in at any location.
Thompson says there's no better place to start than La Crosse
"The fact is that there are so many hospitals, so many medical centers, so much research going on many types of diseases and afflictions that La Crosse couldn't be better," Thompson said. "I consider La Crosse sort of the epicenter for medical research and medical opportunities."
Thompson says he'll pledge $1,000 in the name of the rider with the most miles after the three-week-long event.
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Kentucky shooting suspect might be headed to Wisconsin
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Mobile app made in Wisconsin aims to empower women
- Man fatally stabs mother near Hudson, kills self after chase
- Waukesha police hope DNA cracks 1975 baby death cold case
- AP Exclusive: Drugs vanish at some VA hospitals
- Vehicle runs into river after driver swerves to avoid deer