TOMAH, Wis. - If you stop by Tomah's practice you may see some shirts that read, "W.I.N. The Moment."
"We're focusing more on positives than negatives because last year we were a very negative team," said senior Collin Eswein. "We weren't really a team unit, we fought a lot, we weren't really united together."
9th year head coach Brad Plueger came up with the "W.I.N." slogan for this season's team. It stands for 'What's Important Now.'
"When we come to practice that is what's important right now." said Plueger. "To win during that time, thinking about what's important for you during that moment."
Last season snapped a streak of six straight seasons the Timberwolves qualified for the playoffs. That disappointment from a season ago still weighs heavily on the minds of this year's team.
"I thought our senior leadership has been outstanding and they understand that it wasn't very fun last year not making the playoffs."
By winning each moment, seniors like Eswein hope a new postseason streak can be started.
"We're looking to be more positive and work together and work towards the team goal of getting back to the playoffs."
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure