TOMAH, Wis. - If you stop by Tomah's practice you may see some shirts that read, "W.I.N. The Moment."
"We're focusing more on positives than negatives because last year we were a very negative team," said senior Collin Eswein. "We weren't really a team unit, we fought a lot, we weren't really united together."
9th year head coach Brad Plueger came up with the "W.I.N." slogan for this season's team. It stands for 'What's Important Now.'
"When we come to practice that is what's important right now." said Plueger. "To win during that time, thinking about what's important for you during that moment."
Last season snapped a streak of six straight seasons the Timberwolves qualified for the playoffs. That disappointment from a season ago still weighs heavily on the minds of this year's team.
"I thought our senior leadership has been outstanding and they understand that it wasn't very fun last year not making the playoffs."
By winning each moment, seniors like Eswein hope a new postseason streak can be started.
"We're looking to be more positive and work together and work towards the team goal of getting back to the playoffs."
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners