TOMAH, WI - The Tomah Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center closed its Veterans' Golf Course early on Sunday, October 13.
The season ended early because of a construction project that affected two holes on the golf course.
The construction project, which started on Monday, will create a system of underground pipes that will provide heating and cooling to two new buildings—one for residential treatment programs and a clinical recreation building.
The non-profit course provides golf for veterans receiving care at the Tomah VA. The funds from public play and donations help maintain the course.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration