TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - The Tomah Veterans Affairs Medical Center will host its second annual Veterans Mental Health Summit and its annual Veteran Homelessness Summit on Wednesday, August 20 at the Cranberry Country Lodge in Tomah from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Community local and regional leaders are invited to help develop ideas to further address mental health, homelessness, and services for veterans residing in the 14 counties served by the Tomah VA.
La Crosse County Judge Todd Bjerke, will be the keynote speaker and discuss the La Crosse Area Veterans Court following overviews of local veteran mental health and homelessness.
Breakout sessions will be held for the leaders input and to inform younger veterans and their families about the mental health services that are available. A separate session will focus on veteran homelessness.
For more information about the summit, contact the Tomah VA Public Affairs Office at (608) 372-3971 ext. 67759 or by email Scott.Farley@va.gov.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game