TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - The Tomah Veterans Affairs Medical Center will host its second annual Veterans Mental Health Summit and its annual Veteran Homelessness Summit on Wednesday, August 20 at the Cranberry Country Lodge in Tomah from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Community local and regional leaders are invited to help develop ideas to further address mental health, homelessness, and services for veterans residing in the 14 counties served by the Tomah VA.
La Crosse County Judge Todd Bjerke, will be the keynote speaker and discuss the La Crosse Area Veterans Court following overviews of local veteran mental health and homelessness.
Breakout sessions will be held for the leaders input and to inform younger veterans and their families about the mental health services that are available. A separate session will focus on veteran homelessness.
For more information about the summit, contact the Tomah VA Public Affairs Office at (608) 372-3971 ext. 67759 or by email Scott.Farley@va.gov.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.