TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - Despite numerous reports of long wait times at many Veteran hospitals across the nation, Tomah's VA is proving to be one of the best in Wisconsin.
Newly released data from the Department of Veterans affairs show many Wisconsin veterans are waiting more than three months for medical appointments. The numbers come after an audit done by the department which showed many VA's were not holding up to its 14 day target wait time.
Out of Wisconsin's three major facilities, Madison's VA has the longest wait period of 51 days, 34 days longer than Tomah's number one ranking.
"In an environment where there is shortage overall of quality primary care providers quality specialist etc., we feel fortunate that we do as well as we do ,we're always striving to do better, " said Dr. David Houlihan, Tomah VA's Chief of Staff.
The average wait for the facility in Milwaukee was just short of 24 days.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser