TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - Despite numerous reports of long wait times at many Veteran hospitals across the nation, Tomah's VA is proving to be one of the best in Wisconsin.
Newly released data from the Department of Veterans affairs show many Wisconsin veterans are waiting more than three months for medical appointments. The numbers come after an audit done by the department which showed many VA's were not holding up to its 14 day target wait time.
Out of Wisconsin's three major facilities, Madison's VA has the longest wait period of 51 days, 34 days longer than Tomah's number one ranking.
"In an environment where there is shortage overall of quality primary care providers quality specialist etc., we feel fortunate that we do as well as we do ,we're always striving to do better, " said Dr. David Houlihan, Tomah VA's Chief of Staff.
The average wait for the facility in Milwaukee was just short of 24 days.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program