TOMAH, Wis. - The Tomah police responded to Lemonweir School Thursday afternoon after a playground altercation in which an elementary-aged student threatened another student with a gun.
According to a press release from the police department, the student indicated he had a gun in his backpack. The student didn't have a backpack at the time the alleged threat.
School staff searched the student's backpack, and found a BB gun that looked like a real firearm.
The incident will be referred to the Monroe County Human services due to the age of the student involved.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death