TOMAH, Wis. - The Tomah police responded to Lemonweir School Thursday afternoon after a playground altercation in which an elementary-aged student threatened another student with a gun.
According to a press release from the police department, the student indicated he had a gun in his backpack. The student didn't have a backpack at the time the alleged threat.
School staff searched the student's backpack, and found a BB gun that looked like a real firearm.
The incident will be referred to the Monroe County Human services due to the age of the student involved.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash