TOMAH, Wis. - The Tomah police responded to Lemonweir School Thursday afternoon after a playground altercation in which an elementary-aged student threatened another student with a gun.
According to a press release from the police department, the student indicated he had a gun in his backpack. The student didn't have a backpack at the time the alleged threat.
School staff searched the student's backpack, and found a BB gun that looked like a real firearm.
The incident will be referred to the Monroe County Human services due to the age of the student involved.
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary
- Radtke, Schaumberg advance in Trempealeau Co. judge primary
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 21, 2017
- Adaptive Sports League wraps up winter season with floor hockey tourney
- February Primaries bring voters out in La Crosse