MADISON, Wis. - A 1 ½ year old girl has died following a car-pedestrian accident in Madison early Thursday morning, according to Madison police.
Police said the incident happened in the 3700 block of E. Washington around 3:30 a.m.
According to police, the girl, who was in a wheelchair that was being used as a stroller, and her mother were on the sidewalk on E. Washington near Mendota Street when the wheelchair rolled down the embankment and into the street.
Police said the girl was hit soon after by a car. Police said the incident is not considered a hit-and-run, and the driver is cooperating with authorities.18546356
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing