MADISON, Wis. - A 1 ½ year old girl has died following a car-pedestrian accident in Madison early Thursday morning, according to Madison police.
Police said the incident happened in the 3700 block of E. Washington around 3:30 a.m.
According to police, the girl, who was in a wheelchair that was being used as a stroller, and her mother were on the sidewalk on E. Washington near Mendota Street when the wheelchair rolled down the embankment and into the street.
Police said the girl was hit soon after by a car. Police said the incident is not considered a hit-and-run, and the driver is cooperating with authorities.18546356
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota