LA CROSSE, WI - An Oktoberfest tradition filled with lights and music toured the northside of La Crosse again Thursday night.
The G-E-T Marching Band was one of many groups participating in the Torchlight Parade.
Unlike your typical parade, the bands, floats, and even people walking were wrapped in lights. About 100 groups put on the dazzling show for an estimated 30,000 people watching.
Next year the torchlight parade will be one of the events kicking off the festivities.22274194
Here's part of the four-day Oktoberfest 2014 schedule, which was released this spring:
Thursday, September 25: Festgrounds open at 4 p.m.; Torchlight Parade (evening)
Friday, September 26: Opening Day Ceremony; Festmaster Ball (evening)
Saturday, September 27: Maple Leaf Parade (morning)
Sunday, September 28: Parade Marshal Pancake Breakfast; Ecumenical Service
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says