LA CROSSE, WI - An Oktoberfest tradition filled with lights and music toured the northside of La Crosse again Thursday night.
The G-E-T Marching Band was one of many groups participating in the Torchlight Parade.
Unlike your typical parade, the bands, floats, and even people walking were wrapped in lights. About 100 groups put on the dazzling show for an estimated 30,000 people watching.
Next year the torchlight parade will be one of the events kicking off the festivities.22274194
Here's part of the four-day Oktoberfest 2014 schedule, which was released this spring:
Thursday, September 25: Festgrounds open at 4 p.m.; Torchlight Parade (evening)
Friday, September 26: Opening Day Ceremony; Festmaster Ball (evening)
Saturday, September 27: Maple Leaf Parade (morning)
Sunday, September 28: Parade Marshal Pancake Breakfast; Ecumenical Service
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns