MILWAUKEE (AP) - A 16-year-old boy has been arrested for allegedly stealing a car with a baby inside.
Police say the teen abandoned the car and the 14-month-old child was unharmed.
Police say in a news release that the toddler's mother left the car running at a BP gas station Friday night in Milwaukee. Her baby was strapped into a child seat inside when the 16-year-old got in and drove away.
A witness followed the teen until he abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot. He was arrested a short time later.
Police are investigating whether he may be responsible for other auto thefts in the area.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership