MILWAUKEE (AP) - A 16-year-old boy has been arrested for allegedly stealing a car with a baby inside.
Police say the teen abandoned the car and the 14-month-old child was unharmed.
Police say in a news release that the toddler's mother left the car running at a BP gas station Friday night in Milwaukee. Her baby was strapped into a child seat inside when the 16-year-old got in and drove away.
A witness followed the teen until he abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot. He was arrested a short time later.
Police are investigating whether he may be responsible for other auto thefts in the area.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers