VIROQUA, Wis. (WKBT) - Veteran led disaster relief organization Team Rubicon is helping with flood clean up in Viroqua.
Team Rubicon is launching operation Bad Ax to help conduct damage assessments, provide muck-operations and assist the city with debris management.
The team unites the skills and experience of military veterans with first responders.
The organization started in the wake of 2010 Haiti Earthquake and has since grown to 40,000 members, who have helped with major disaster relief in over 120 countries.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death