MILWAUKEE (AP) - A Milwaukee Area Technical College instructor is suing her employer, saying the college illegally negotiated with an employee union.
The Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty filed the lawsuit Thursday in Milwaukee on behalf of Victoria Marone, a part-time employee who teaches English as a second language.
A 2011 law pushed by Gov. Scott Walker eliminated most public employees' collective bargaining rights.
The lawsuit says the MATC board voted in November to begin negotiating a contract with its employee union to succeed one that expires in 2014. It approved a deal in February.
The lawsuit says that deal violates state law and Marone's right to negotiate her own deal with her employer.
A message left at MATC requesting comment was not immediately returned.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration