TREMPEALEAU COUNTY, WI - The La Crosse woman guilty of giving a deadly dose of heroin to a Trempealeau County man learns her fate Tuesday.
Tasha Kempfer, 27, was sentenced to five years of prison and five years of extended supervision for her role in the death of 32 year old Jeremiah Harris in 2011.
Harris's autopsy revealed he died of a heroin overdose. Kempfer and her mother gave him the heroin.
Kempfer also has two unrelated heroin charges in La Crosse County.22452918
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East