TREMPEALEAU COUNTY, WI - The La Crosse woman guilty of giving a deadly dose of heroin to a Trempealeau County man learns her fate Tuesday.
Tasha Kempfer, 27, was sentenced to five years of prison and five years of extended supervision for her role in the death of 32 year old Jeremiah Harris in 2011.
Harris's autopsy revealed he died of a heroin overdose. Kempfer and her mother gave him the heroin.
Kempfer also has two unrelated heroin charges in La Crosse County.22452918
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.