STEVENS POINT, Wis. (AP) - A tanker rolled over in Portage County early Monday, injuring the driver and spilling hundreds of gallons of milk.
The sheriff's department says the tanker overturned on a foggy Highway 10 when the driver lost control of the rig. The Green Lake man was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
WAOW-TV says the accident happened about 5 a.m. near Interstate 39 and closed the highway about four hours.
Sgt. Kevin Sorenson says about 2,500 gallons spilled from the tanker which was carrying more than twice that much. He says the driver was headed for Grassland Butter in Greenwood
Sorenson says the driver's seat belt use probably prevented more serious injuries.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks