STEVENS POINT, Wis. (AP) - A tanker rolled over in Portage County early Monday, injuring the driver and spilling hundreds of gallons of milk.
The sheriff's department says the tanker overturned on a foggy Highway 10 when the driver lost control of the rig. The Green Lake man was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
WAOW-TV says the accident happened about 5 a.m. near Interstate 39 and closed the highway about four hours.
Sgt. Kevin Sorenson says about 2,500 gallons spilled from the tanker which was carrying more than twice that much. He says the driver was headed for Grassland Butter in Greenwood
Sorenson says the driver's seat belt use probably prevented more serious injuries.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration