BELOIT, Wis. (AP) - Police in Wisconsin have arrested a mother and son wanted in connection with alleged felonies in Minnesota and North Dakota.
Beloit police served search warrants at two residences Saturday about 4 a.m. They detained eight people and arrested the two suspects.
One is a 25-year-old man wanted for attempted murder and robbery in Moorhead, Minn. The other is the man's 53-year-old mother. She was arrested on felony theft allegations in Fargo, N.D.
Both suspects were being held at the Rock County Jail on Saturday pending extradition hearings.
Police say the arrests were preceded by a one-hour standoff with the son, who was considered armed and dangerous. Police launched chemical munitions into the house where he was hiding. He eventually surrendered.
Police say no neighbors or officers were hurt.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners